Sometimes, being able to donate items is the best way for a person to get involved in loving their community. Below are a few places that donations would be appreciated!
Items Needed: Cereal, Ramen Noodles, shelf-stable milk, canned spaghetti sauce, soup (pop-tops if available), peanut butter/cheese crackers, macaroni & cheese (microwavable), ravioli, spaghettiO’s, breakfast bars (toaster pastries/cereal bars), fruit cups/fruit snacks, 100% Juice boxes/pouches, 8 oz. bottle of water
Drop-off Location: Helping Hands | 2301 S Main St, High Point, NC 27263
House of Prayer
Items Needed: Laundry detergent, paper towels, Pine Sol (lemon scent), napkins, septic safe toilet paper, aerosol Lysol
West End Ministries
Open Door Ministries
Items Needed: Deodorant, toilet paper, paper towels, cleaning supplies, twin sheets, new pillows, wash clothes, furniture (beds, tables, chairs, lamps, etc)
Drop-off Location: Workforce Unlimited | 400 N. Centennial Street High Point, NC 27262
New Life Family Outreach
Items Needed: Newborn gift bags. Each would be geared towards a girl or a boy. In each bag are items for a newborn gift. 1) Receiving blanket 2) onesie 3) sleeper 4) baby toiletries like baby wash. lotion, etc 5) outfit 6)toy, pacifier or other small item.
Contact Info: Deborah Rodenhizer | firstname.lastname@example.org| 336.887.2232
Drop-off Location: 416 Gatewood Ave. High Point, NC 27262
Refugees often flee their homes at a moment’s notice. They arrive at our airport with few belongings, a difficult past and high hopes for the future. Welcome Kits provide the basic household items refugees need as they begin a new journey in our community—one we invite you to join.
BUILD A KIT IN FIVE EASY STEPS
1. Select a kit from the list found through this link: https://worldrelieftriad.org/s
2. Collect the items (new items only, please).
3. Pack in a plastic storage container.
4. Include a welcome note for a refugee family.
5. Deliver your kit to World Relief High Point at 155 Northpoint Ave. Suite 102, High Point, NC (M-F 9-5)
If you have generic household donations, we recommend that you consider donating to one of the following ministry oriented thrift stores.
- HOP Shop Thrift (High Point)
- Pierced Ministries Thrift Store (Archdale)
- West End Ministries Thrift Store (High Point)
- Naaman’s Community Thrift Store (High Point)